Anthony Joshua has waited almost a year to get his revenge against Oleksandr Usyk following a loss to the Ukrainian last September. Now, the rematch is here, and Joshua can become a three-time heavyweight champion.
On Saturday, Aug. 20, at King Abdullah Sports City in Saudi Arabia, Usyk will defend the WBA (Super), IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles against Joshua. Usyk’s southpaw style was too much for Joshua the last time they fought. The Brit now believes he is ready for anything after working with new trainer Robert Garcia.
“I feel like one of my main strengths is that I’m a quick learner, I’m a sponge,” Joshua said on media day. “But ultimately, apart from all of the learning stuff, it’s a fight. It’s a fight. That’s it. Whoever throws the most punches and lands the most punches wins. That’s all that matters.”
Usyk is a former undisputed cruiserweight champion who’s 3-0 as a heavyweight since moving into to the division.
The Sporting News has all the information you need to watch Usyk vs. Joshua 2 on Saturday, including channel, price, time and fight card.
How to watch Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2
- U.S., Canada, Australia: DAZN
- U.K.: Sky Sports Box Office
In most countries globally, including the U.S., Canada and Australia, the fight will be streamed on DAZN.
However, Sky Sports Box Office won the rights to the fight in Joshua’s home territory, the United Kingdom.
Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2 price: How much does the card cost?
- DAZN monthly subscription: $19.99 in the U.S., $20 in Canada, $13.99 in Australia
- DAZN annual subscription: $99.99 in the U.S., $150 in Canada
In the United States, Canada, Australia and most territories globally, the fight will air on DAZN, but it will not be a PPV.
- Sky Sports Box Office: £26.95 in the U.K.
Fight fans in the U.K. will have to pay £26.95, a £2 increase from the price Sky Sports set for Joshua and Usyk’s initial encounter.
When is Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2?
- Date: Saturday, Aug. 20
- Main card: Noon ET (5 p.m. BST, 2 a.m. Sunday AEST)
- Main event: 5:15 p.m. ET (10:15 p.m. BST, 7:15 a.m. Sunday AEST)
(all times approximate)
Usyk vs. Joshua 2 will take place on Saturday, Aug. 20. The main card will start at noon ET (5 p.m. BST, 2 a.m. Sunday AEST). Usyk and Joshua should make their way to the ring around 5:15 p.m. ET (10:15 p.m. BST, 7 a.m. Sunday AEST), depending on how long the undercard fights last.
Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2 fight card
- Oleksandr Usyk (c) vs. Anthony Joshua for the WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO and The Ring heavyweight titles
- Filip Hrgovic vs Zhilei Zhang; IBF heavyweight title eliminator
- Callum Sith vs. Mathieu Bauderlique; WBC light heavyweight title eliminator
- Badou Jack vs. Richard Rivera
- Tyrone Spong vs. Andrew Tabiti
- Ramla Ali vs. Crystal Garcia Nova
- Daniel Lapin vs. Jozef Jurko
- Ziyad Almaayouf vs. Jose Alatorre
- Money Kicks vs. Kyle Paevie
- Ben Whittaker vs. Peter Nosic